We recommend to start off with an Initial Assessment. Here we can we can talk about any health concerns, address your goals and get a good idea about your current level of fitness. Using the results of your assessment we then create an indivdualised program. For someone that has never had any pilates experience before we highly recommend a Private Studio Session at this time. This is so we can introduce you to what we call the “Pilates Basics” which involves teaching you how to engage your core muscles correctly, basic postural education and a small intro to some of the exercises on the studio equipment.
Following on from the introductory Private Session some people progress to a small group class ( three people) or decide that another private lesson is more appropriate. ( Please refer to prices and packages tab for our introductory packages). In these sessions you will continue to progress at your own speed and with your own specific program. Depending on the level of attention you wish to have in your session you can opt to continue with Private or Duet sessions at any stage, simply let your instructor know.
The Breakdown of our sessions…
- Initial Assessment : (60mins) All of our clients, regardless of injury or fitness level, begin their Studio Pilates experience with an Initial Assessment so that the ideal tailored program can be developed to meet their needs. During the Assessment session we conduct the following : Postural screening, Balance Testing, Flexibility Testing, Core Endurance and some Muscle Strength Testing. Based on the results of the tests, your medical/injury history and in consultation with you we develop the program goals from which we can then develop in individualised program to achieve your goals.
- Private Studio Session : (60 mins)Private sessions allow a very high level of personal attention and guidance from your instructor. In most cases the first lesson after the assessment will be a private lesson, where we cover correct core activation, basic postural and pilates principles and some exercises on various pilates equipment from your program . It is here where most people decide whether or not they feel ready to move to the group sessions or whether they would like to continue with private lessons.
- Small Group Studio Session : (60 mins) At Pure Pilates, our classes are made up of only 3 people per class to allow for greater attention to detail. Most people move into this class after their assessment and private lesson. This class encompasses small props and studio equipment such as the reformer, with the aim to eventually progress to a wider range of repertoire as you begin to better understand the technique, iron out any issues and grow more confident.
- Duet Studio Session : (60 mins) A highly supervised class with 2 people only. This is a great choice for couples/friends who want to learn pilates together or for those who want to work under high level guidance and share the cost of a session.
- Holiday Makers Package : This package is for people visiting Noosa who just want to continue their current pilates sessions while holidaying away from home. . Please refer to our prices and packages tab on our home page for more details. (Please note that people with little or no pilates experience or certain conditions will be required to do a small assessment).
- Pilates Circuit Classes : (60 mins) This fun and energetic class is putting a little bit of cardio back in pilates! With the music pumping a little louder, it will be sure to keep your heart rate up and get you in the fat-burning zone. You can take the workout at your own pace so it is suitable for most people. The NEW Studio Circuit Pilates class incorporates several pieces of Pilates equipment and other props into a non stop 60 minute workout. You will begin with a mat warm up and then alternate between exercises on the Pilates Reformer, Trapeze table, Stability Chair, pilates barrels, cardio stations, abdominal stations and much more. We are currently not taking any online bookings for these classes. Please direct all enquires to email@example.com or call us on 5455 3311.